You don’t have to go through this alone.
Whether it’s simple coaching, psychotherapy, mindfulness based treatments or EMDR for effectively addressing PTSD, we can work together as a team to create positive change.
We all go through rough patches in life.
- Are you feeling stuck and unable to change?
- Have recent changes become overwhelming?
- Do you find yourself saying and doing things you regret?
- Do you feel unsure about what you really want and who you are deep down inside?
Sometimes we’re left feeling stuck. Helplessness, anxiety, anger, stress and depression may follow. Having someone listen to what you’re struggling with can help you clarify your goals and break old habits. Working with a counselor can help anchor you, so you can make the changes you want in your life.
Why do people come to talk with me?
They come when they are feeling all kinds of things:
- confused about why things aren’t turning out the way they wanted.
- scared that they don’t know how to create the life they want.
- overwhelmed because life is out of control and they can’t seem to manage.
Very few things can’t be made easier by sharing them with a respectful and compassionate professional.
Who benefits most from therapy?
- People who are motivated, intelligent and determined.
- People who find that despite their considerable resources, they sometimes find themselves making poor choices.
- People who are often caught in a familiar dynamic or are feeling confused about why, despite everything, they are still not as happy or content as they’d like to be.
- People who develop the understanding to begin to recognize that past experiences have left them with habits and preferences that no longer serve their original purpose.
We can work together as a team to create positive change.
There are things that medication can help. But research has shown that medication alone is more effective when it is combined with individual counseling. Examining the past, talking about current experiences and noticing feelings and thoughts as they emerge in therapy sessions can create a new way of life.
We will work together to give you a stronger sense of what your strengths and vulnerabilities are so that you will be able to function with a better understanding of what you want and need in order to create a more satisfying life. Choosing to start – or restart – therapy can be a powerful opportunity for deeper understanding and personal growth.
Starting with your first visit, we will create a safe environment where you feel validated and supported.
We will become a supportive team. This ongoing conversation with me will engage you. The conversations we have are private and confidential, ensured both by professional ethics and legal protections.
We will work toward your goals based on the pace you’re most comfortable with.
Things that have happened in the past reverberate into the present. Telling your story, and hearing questions and comments that you might never have considered before provide a new perspective on what has shaped your life. This new understanding effects change. Instead of automatically reacting to daily stressors, you can develop a range of new options that sometimes emerge with effort and choice. Eventually, they can become your new automatic response.
I believe that there is understanding that resides inside you, just outside conscious awareness, that with support you can harness. This force, once known, can provide a new foundation and perspective changing how you express and experience your life.